At Lycatel Services Limited ("Lycatel"), we look after your details carefully. We adhere strictly to the requirements of the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Lycatel Services Limited of 3rd Floor Walbrook Building, 195 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SG.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.lycatalk.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Name, address, email, telephone number, payment details and service details
- Other data, from time to time, to help us provide you with improved products and services, for example now and again we might ask you to fill in a questionnaire, just so you can let us know how we're doing.
- We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties, for example, collected from other members of your household.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
Any information sent to us is encrypted (scrambled) using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This is industry standard encryption technology that protects your data whilst being sent over the internet from being intercepted and misused by third parties. When it reaches us, we then store it on a secure server so that it can only be read by authorised personnel. Although we make every effort to create a secure environment for your personal information, Lycatel cannot guarantee the safety of any personal information you transmit to Lycatel online
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored in a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of payment details and the provision of support services. For example, we have a call centre in India staffed by our own staff.
Where the data protection laws of these countries do not provide the same level of data protection as in the UK, we will take the steps to ensure that your privacy rights are at least compliant with UK law. We will:
- Define the security measures we require to protect your personal information
- Require signature of a contract guaranteeing compliance with such security requirements
- Monitor for ongoing compliance with the defined security measures.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email.
If you are a customer we may contact you by mail, telephone, email, SMS or other electronic messaging services with information about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Lycatel or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lycatel, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data at the time of collection or you can also exercise the right to opt out at any time by contacting us at 3rd Floor Walbrook Building, 195 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SG.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our associate companies. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites follow our own privacy policies and that we are responsible or liability for these policies.
Access to information
You're welcome to ask us what information we have about you, any time you like. If you need us to send it to you, it'll cost £10 - that covers the cost of our administration. If any of the details are incorrect, let us know and we'll amend them right away. If you'd like us to send your information, you can write to our Customer Services team at the below address, enclosing a cheque or postal order for £10 made payable to Lycatel UK Limited.
Links from this site to other sites
Please be aware that our site provides access to other web sites by linking to them. We are only responsible for the data policies (including data protection and cookies), content or security of the Lycatel web site.
If you have any comments or queries concerning the website, please contact us. For queries regarding Lycatel's services, please call our Customer Service team on 0207 132 9999.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information you should write to Lycatel at the address below.
Lycatalk Customer Services
Lycatel Services Limited
3rd Floor, Walbrook Building
195 Marsh Wall